nginx mogilefs module 1.0.1

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Apr 16 16:21:25 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:39:31AM +0100, Valery Kholodkov wrote:

> I've managed to implement module for nginx which fetches files from MogileFS.
>
> Please see module's manual page on English or my nginx modules page:
>
> http://www.grid.net.ru/nginx/mogilefs.en.html
> http://www.grid.net.ru/nginx/
>
> I expect minor issues to pop up in near future, therefore I advise you
> to test module before putting into production mode.
>
> I would like to thank to Michael Shadle for the idea.
>
> I hope you'll enjoy it!
>
> And your feedback is always welcomed.

Not really used (and not likely to in near future), but here are
some questions:

1. Any reason why you create hidden location from the module instead
of accepting name of existing one?  It looks unnatural for me.

2. As far as I see it uses only first path returned by mogilefs.
Is it planned to support failover?  From my understanding it
should be simple, something like

    location /mogilefs {
        mogilefs_tracker ...
        mogilefs_pass  /mogilefs_fetch;