nginx mogilefs module 1.0.1

Valery Kholodkov valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru
Thu Apr 16 17:38:34 MSD 2009

----- "Maxim Dounin" <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:

> And personally I think that security is quite a different thing
> and should be handled in the way admin prefers.  It may be
> internal, may be allow/deny, may be something else.  That's why I
> usually omit internal from the examples.  And any magic is really
> bad here since people may think that software will handle security
> for them while it actually can't.

> On the other hand, it may be handy to actually have this location
> non-internal (e.g. for direct requests from internal services or
> just admin checks).

You might be right. After all, I disclaimed any responsibility for security damages in the license.

Will see whether I'll get any other comments regarding this part.

> Alternatively, this may be handled by something like
>
>     set $mogilefs_failover 1;
>     proxy_pass $mogilefs_path;
>
> with appropriate lookup of $mogilefs_failover in code before
> returning value for $mogilefs_path.

This is impossible, because I do not evaluate $mogilefs_path variable dynamically. nginx discards all modules' context when it does an internal redirect. Instead, I simply assign a value to variable and the value survives during internal redirect.

--
Regards,
Valery Kholodkov