nginx mogilefs module 1.0.1

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:09:07 MSD 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Michael Shadle <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There should be no need for multiple $mogilefs_path's as the tracker
> supplies the locations that nginx should be proxying to...

which probably means something like:

 location /mogilefs {
         mogilefs_tracker ...
         mogilefs_pass $mogilefs_url;  <- this would be an array/list
of urls (like an nginx upstream construct)
}

location /mogilefs_fetch {
     error_page 502 503 504 = @failover;
     proxy_pass $mogilefs_path_0;  <- this makes no sense (in my opinion)
}

you can't arbitrarily assume that people have only 2 or 10 copies of
the files available. unless the tracker has a limit of how many it
replies to, then you would have up to $mogilefs_path_X; but i see it
much better to take what is given and create something like an
upstream{} internally for it, and then mogilefs_pass is essentially
proxy_pass to the upstream at that point.

you might not even need mogilefs_pass then (unless it does additional
work) as it should technically be an upstream{} created on the fly in
memory for that request, and it would be just like proxy_pass
@mogilefs_reply; or something?