Centralized logging for multiple servers

Gabriel Ramuglia gabe at vtunnel.com
Fri Apr 17 07:41:47 MSD 2009

Does this scale well? I'm running a web based proxy that generates an
absolute ton of log files. Easily 40gb / week / server, with around 20
servers. I'm looking to be able to store and search up to 7 days of
logs. Currently, I only move logs from the individual servers onto a
central server when I get a complaint, import it into mysql, and
search it. The entire process, even for just one server, takes
forever.