2 nginx windows questions

Chris Cortese cortese.consulting at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 10:37:06 MSD 2009

Hi,

I spent about a day following a link that helped me to build nginx and
php-fpm with cygwin, mostly from this link:

http://www.softwareprojects.com/resources/programming/t-how-to-install-nginx-php-php-fpm-and-mysql-under-1616.html

In the end, I built everything but I could not use it because I could
not get PHP's crypt to work (ended up with CRYPT_SALT_LENGTH = 2 and
CRYPT_MD5 = 0, instead of 12 and 1) so I could not log in to my local
copy of my website.

Today I tried the 0.7.50 from kevinworthington.com, after finding this
link: http://blogbuildingu.com/wordpress/install-wordpress-wemp

This looks so much simpler but I am stumped on this problem:  I've
uninstalled and reinstalled nginx but it keeps thinking the nginx.conf
file will be found under cygdive/c/nginx/conf/nginx.conf...  "No such
file".  The new nginx.conf is in c:\nginx\conf\nginx.conf.

Any ideas how to get one of these methods (preferably the latter) fixed?

Thanks!
Chris