Noob looking for PHP help

AMP Admin admin at ampprod.com
Sat Apr 18 17:57:13 MSD 2009

i've been trying to wean myself off cpanel/whm and now apache for a long
time. i'm down to just apache so it's time to take the final step... i hope.

i think i have a basic understanding on how to setup nginx and mysql after
reading this thread and the nginx wiki but the php stuff is bothering me.

I really don't have time to baby sit the updates everyday or week so I just
want to set a crontab to run yum install -y or something.

Can someone help me understand what I need to install to get php to work
with nginx?

i got the following google style. can someone give me a better understanding
of what i need and don't need here?

yum install php-cgi php-cli php-mysql php-gd php-imap php-ldap php-odbc
php-pear php-xml php-xmlrpc php-eaccelerator php-magickwand php-magpierss
php-mapserver php-mbstring php-mcrypt php-mhash php-mssql php-shout php-snmp
php-soap php-tidy