Noob looking for PHP help

AMP Admin admin at ampprod.com
Sat Apr 18 21:02:19 MSD 2009

Jim you're a gem. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nginx at sysoev.ru [mailto:owner-nginx at sysoev.ru] On Behalf Of Jim Ohlstein
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:39 AM
To: nginx at sysoev.ru
Subject: Re: Noob looking for PHP help

First, you need to download php and the patch, then apply the patch. There is a link to a working patch for php 5.2.9 in the php-fpm section of http://forum.nginx.org. At least it works for me using both 32 and 64 bit versions of CentOS 5.2.

I'm using my phone right now so I'm not sure, but if I recall correctly the file is named patch.php-fpm. Assuming it is (and change the name if it is something else), place it and the php tarball in /usr/local/src. Unpack the php tarball and you should have a directory called php-5.2.9.

To apply the patch run:

#cat patch.php-fpm | patch -d php-5.2.9 -p1

I use the following configuration options for 32 bit CentOS 5.2:

'--enable-fastcgi' '--enable-fpm' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-zlib' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-openssl' '--with-mysql' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql-sock' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-pspell' '--with-sqlite' '--enable-pdo' '--enable-reflection' '--with-gettext' '--enable-soap' '--enable-dom' '--with-png-dir' '--with-mhash' '--with-mcrypt'

You may not need all of them.

Jim