Noob looking for PHP help

AMP Admin admin at ampprod.com
Sun Apr 19 19:00:26 MSD 2009

I don't really know what --prefix=/usr/local/php-fpm-5.2.9 accomplishes.

Will that move the default locating of php.ini or anything?

What's the best practice here.  Right now this is on a QA box but will eventually move into production and it's a very busy site so maintenance times have to be minimal when upgrading or making future changes.

I ended up going with the following because we want only what's needed for our webapp but it's not too late to change it.

./configure --disable-all --enable-fastcgi --enable-fpm --with-mysqli --with-gd --with-mysql --with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/freetype2 --enable-shmop --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm  --enable-libxml --with-pcre-regex --enable-spl --enable-session --enable-xml  --enable-mbstring --with-mcrypt --enable-force-cgi-redirect