hash algorithm for nginx cache

Joe Bofh lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Apr 21 19:46:44 MSD 2009

Igor,

If you look at the docs, it is supposed to have excellent collision
resistance.
See http://tanjent.livejournal.com/756623.html

Given that cache objects are supposed to have a limited shelf life
(days, months), I would think that collision resistance is vs. hashing
performance is a decent tradeoff.

I guess if you put in an option to specify the hash, that would work
too. FNV and Murmur have been adopted on various open source projects as
optional hashs because of the hashing performance.

--J