Question on Proxy_Cache_Path

Resicow resicow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:28:51 MSD 2009

Thanks!

Will this be in the next version?

The issue is that in order to do proxy_cache obviously proxy_buffer
needs to be on. This is bad if you set the minimum number of hits for a
file to 10 lets say... so nginx will buffer and write the file out 10
times, and then just throw the file away since it is not considered for
inclusion into the cache.

This may be okay under normal circumstances... but if you have an SSD in
the computer, you'll burn up all of your write cycles very quickly.
Instead proxy_temp can be on a regular HDD, and then nginx can copy the
file to the proxy_cache location on the SSD if the file is being
included in the cache.

Thanks,

John