redmine + rails + nginx

Guy Naor guy at mor.ph
Tue Apr 28 21:41:12 MSD 2009

Hi,

I didn't say it's better - it's EASIER. The reason it's easier is that
the mod_rails module is the one that actually manages the backend. That
means two major things:

1. You don't need to use mongrel_cluster or a FastCGI launcher
2. When the app die for some reason, the module will handle the
relaunching for you. This eliminate the need for something like monit or
a fastcgi spawner process.

There are also some other advantages like memory usage if you use Ruby
Enterprise Edition, but that's a different story. It does comes with a
global queue support (similar to what the EY balancer does).

Bye,

Guy.