ssl accelerator

lovewadhwa nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Apr 29 18:08:49 MSD 2009

Hi

I m using nginx to configure ssl accelerator.Have specified the following in my configuration file to accomplish the same:

    upstream dev1.magazine.com{
         server dev1.magazine.com:8000;
              }

server {
        listen       443;
        server_name  192.168.8.31;
        ssl on;
        ssl_certificate server.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key server.key;
        location / {
            proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
            proxy_set_header X-FORWARDED_PROTO https;
            proxy_redirect false;
            if (!-f $request_filename) {
            proxy_pass http://dev1.magazine.com;
            }
            root   html;
            index  index.html index.htm;
        }

Setting the above things in my configuration file, i have my request say https://192.168.8.31 being translated to http://dev1.magazine.com on port 8000, but the page returned is over http instead of that being https. Please help.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,1545,1545#msg-1545