how nginx handle connection with backend web server?

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Mon Aug 10 15:51:01 MSD 2009

<quote who="Xuepeng Li">

> "The main nginx advantage is that it gets quickly whole response from
> backend and frees it to handle other requests."
>
> Sorry,  I don't understand how enginx could "get quickly whole response",
> the response time is decided by apache server(business logic),  why enginx
> could do it more quickly than direct connetion ?

nginx would be running on the same machine or LAN as the server producing
the dynamic content rather than X many hops away over slower connections. It
can grab the response, buffer it, and manage the connection with the client.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2010: Wellington, NZ                http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl