multiple users

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Sat Aug 15 21:39:18 MSD 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 00:00 -0500, AMP Admin wrote:
> For the server config or php-fpm how do we setup multiple users.
>
> Say one user has all their files in /home/user1 and the other is in
> /home/user2  all of the file permissions are different.  Where do we config
> multiple users?

You could do one of two things:

1) Put all users in a common group (e.g. www) and put Nginx in that same
group.  You'll then need to chgrp all the files and set the proper
umask.

2) Run an instance of Nginx per user (as that user) and proxy to them
from a main Nginx instance.

Cliff

--
http://www.google.com/search?q=vonage+sucks