Problem with new Passenger Module and rewrite rules

Jan Faber lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Aug 18 14:42:18 MSD 2009

Hongli Lai wrote:
> Jan Faber wrote:
> No, that should be an entirely different issue.
>
> In Nginx you need to redefine 'passenger_enabled on' in all location
> blocks, otherwise Nginx will disable Phusion Passenger in that block.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply (from the man himself no less :-).
Excuse my ignorance, I'm just getting started with Nginx. So far, I like
it, the conf syntax is a breath of fresh air after years of Apache. Docs
on the combi Nginx/REE are a little light compared to the extensive
Apache docs though.