nginx-0.8.9

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Wed Aug 19 08:48:12 MSD 2009

Igor Sysoev wrote:
> Changes with nginx 0.8.9                                         17 Aug 2009
>
>     *) Feature: now the start cache loader runs in a separate process; this
>        should improve large caches handling.

Can you briefly explain the function of cache manager and cache loader
processes?
>     *) Feature: now temporarily files and permanent storage area may reside
>        at different file systems.

In the past files were moved from temporary system to cache with hard
links if I am not mistaken. Does this mean that each file will now be
written separately? Won't that have a negative impact on disk I/O on a
busy system?