nginx.conf now lost access connection

John Johnny lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Aug 22 07:01:36 MSD 2009

Cliff Wells wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 00:53 +0200, John Johnny wrote:
>> At the moment, I just want to re-connect my server connection back. I
>> type 192.168.1.101:
>>
>> #######
>> #     Unable to connect
>> #     Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
>> 192.168.1.101.
>> #######
>
> You have an error in your config that prevents Nginx from starting:
>
> -listen    80    #REPLACE THIS FOR YOUR NEED
> +listen    80;    #REPLACE THIS FOR YOUR NEED
>
> You need to terminate lines with a semicolon.
>
> For future reference, your Nginx error log would have undoubtedly told
> you this.
>
> Cliff

Hi Cliff,
Thank you for your reply. I added ; back and still no luck. I decided to
take a look at /var/log/nginx/error.log (the attachment) but I found
nothing related to this. Apparently the log didn't save the most recent
log....

I typed 192.168.1.101 again and still no luck. Then I decided to change
the server_name to my static ip (I use cable)

So I saved 69.86.175.232 and still no luck (after restarting the
server....)

Even with 69.86.175.232:101  not working....

It seems like there is something wrong with the server part...

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3960/error.log