Weird 0.8.11.1 connections spike

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Sat Aug 29 18:33:02 MSD 2009

<quote who="Igor Sysoev">

> Are any alerts in error_log:
>
> grep alert /path/to/log;

Lots of:

2009/08/29 23:15:52 [alert] 8716#0: open socket #152 left in connection 105

> What functionality do you use - proxy/fastcgi/memcached/etc ?

proxy and fastcgi, both of which appeared to be working fine. Weirdly, on my
WordPress hosts I was correctly receiving the page (PHP via fastcgi), but
not some of the static files, so it would just sit there waiting for ages...
perhaps keepalive requests were failing?

Static files on other hosts were working (one static html file delivered by
nginx + a bunch of generated images behind the nginx proxy -- collectd).

Build differences between my 0.8.10 and 0.8.11.1 packages -> added the geoip
and static_gzip modules.

(For now, I've switched back to 0.8.10, but can do more testing with
0.8.11.1 if required.)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2010: Wellington, NZ                http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

     "Obviously, anyone wanting to found a successful company and make
    millions of dollars should consider writing a file system first." -
                                 Val Henson