Weird 0.8.11.1 connections spike

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Mon Aug 31 14:38:05 MSD 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 06:36:24PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Jeff Waugh">
>
> > set  $wordpress_root  /srv/wordpress/root;
>
> Should've mentioned:
>
> root  /srv/example.com/root;
>
> > location / {
> >   try_files  $uri $uri/  @wordroot;
> > }
> >
> > location @wordroot {
> >   internal;
> >   root  $wordpress_root;
> >   index  index.php;
> >   try_files  $uri $uri/  /index.php?q=$request_uri;
> >   expires  5y;
> > }
>
> The point behind the above logic is to try and serve a file first from the
> domain's root (such as favicon.ico), then from the generic $wordpress_root
> for files provided by the WordPress distribution (such as everything under
> /wp-includes as with the .js example in the debugging), then finally pass
> anything else to PHP.

Probably, this is the problem, I will investigate this type of configuration.

However, you try this:

   location / {
       root       /srv;
       try_files  /example.com/root$uri
                  /example.com/root$uri/
                  /wordpress/root/$uri
                  /wordpress/root/$uri/
                  /index.php?q=$request_uri;
   }

The reason why try_files tests files only against "root" is because
there is also "alias" that can be not expressed via simple concatenation.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/