Performance Tuning - wiki

Phillip Oldham phill at activityhq.com
Thu Dec 3 12:49:39 MSK 2009

I'd like to ask that members of the mailing list who are familiar with
the internal workings of nginx spare a few minutes to update the wiki
with relevant performance tuning information to help new users of nginx
get the most out of their deployment.

There have been some very good response emails recently regarding tuning
fast-cgi, disc i/o, etc. I believe that if this information were
available in the wiki it would prevent many headaches due to
poor-performing servers!

For instance, I didn't know that the `fastcgi_buffers` settings were the
number of buffers per request, and I can't find that mentioned in the
wiki, but it is one of those settings that could easily be set to an
incorrect level and cause serious performance degredation.

Thanks in advance for any time you can spare!