proxy_pass to Apache config not working like fastcgi_pass

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 07:54:44 MSK 2009

I can't speak for supercache, other people use it here with nginx, but
WHY would you proxy to Apache for PHP? :)

Take Apache out of the mix, you're wasting resources. Use PHP-FPM,
spawn-fcgi, or php -b. Why have an entire webserver daemon and its
overhead around just to parse PHP files.

As far as supercache rewrites/configuration/etc. in nginx, there's
been previous threads. All I know is I am usually able to do whatever
I need in nginx with minimal configuration. This thing is a monster.