Feature Request for proxy_ignore_headers

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Dec 7 04:22:36 MSK 2009

Hello!

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 07:45:16PM -0500, nerdgrind wrote:

> I use Apache as the backend proxy server to process the php files for Wordpress. If there are any headers identified in .htaccess files, such as the one in the cache directory for WP Super Cache, those headers, such as Cache-Control are sent back to the browser, along with any headers set in the http nginx.conf.

And?  You want to hide this headers from response returned to
client?  If yes, please use proxy_hide_header directive, see here:

http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpProxyModule#proxy_hide_header

> When I read about proxy_ignore_headers I thought it meant Nginx would ignore headers from the proxy server, for example headers coming from Apache in this case. Do I have that backwards?

Yes, proxy_ignore_headers works with response headers returned by
backend server.  As I already wrote, it is here to stop proxy
module from processing several specially handled response headers
(if needed for some reason).