Large delays between upstream_response_time and the proxy's runtime

Zev Blut zblut at cerego.co.jp
Thu Dec 10 13:49:25 MSK 2009

Hello,

We are running into a problem where mongrel/unicorn's runtime can be
significantly different from nginx's upstream response time.
This means we can wind up with odd delays and excessive request queuing
if the upstream_response_time is high while our actually proxy response
was low.

We worked on this a while back on the ML here:

http://markmail.org/message/nz6fpyin4hebegee#query:+page:1+mid:6gw4f3rbw6vkwdci+state:results

I noticed that Maxim's patch has not been applied to the 0.6 series.
Was this patch incorrect or have other problems?

Thanks,
Zev