try_recent_files?

Yuval Hager yhager at yhager.com
Sat Dec 19 03:23:59 MSK 2009

(sorry for not replying in place, I did not get your message as email)

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Yuval Hager <yhager at yhager.com> wrote:
> > I am using nginx to serve a dynamic (PHP) site, that saves generated
pages
> > statically for fast serving for anonymous users (Drupal + Boost module).
> >
> > If it is possible to implement it with the existing nginx, I have yet to
> > find how - if not, well, then this is my feature request :)
> >

> Wouldn't it be better to just explicitly set Cache-Control headers for
> anonymous calls to the dynamic pages, and then let nginx proxy_cache
> handle serviing the static pages to anonymous users? That's the way
> Wikipedia does it (with Squid and Apache, not nginx).
>
> Using proxy_cache, you get the same or better performance, and you're
> not generating and handling static versions of files that nobody is
> looking for...

Will this approach work for fcgi too? I am trying to stay apache-free. Also
the app (Drupal-5 hacked) does not support reverse proxy without careful
patching.

Is there any performance comparison for nginx with fcgi/php vs apache/mod-
php?
My reasoning was that since I don't need a full blown web server in the
back, it better just be a php processor, so I went the fcgi route. f means
fast, doesn't it?

--
Yuval Hager