try_recent_files?

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 06:34:12 MSK 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Ryan Malayter <malayter at gmail.com> wrote:

> A lot lof our in-house stuff had similar problems when we first
> switched to a layer-7 load balancer, and cleanup was a pain. But the
> apps are a lot
> more portable and flexible as a result.

Nice thing about nginx is it can behave as a layer 7 load balancer -
for free. Just needs stronger healthchecking (you can do it right now
but it's kind of manual/scripted/annoying)

Can also do your SSL offloading and decryption at the LB level, so
only install certs on the LB, will try multiple upstreams, can even
make it do all your gzipping if you want :p

Perfect place to do cache routing too if you desire