stub_status stops working after adding static server section

Ian M. Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Mon Dec 21 04:25:28 MSK 2009

A few days ago, I added a static.digitalhit.com server section to my
setup for serving static resources on a cookieless domain.

Just now I noticed that since the change, my nginx reports in munin have
not been working. The /stub_status location is in my www.digitalhit.com
server location:

  location /stub_status {
                          stub_status on;
                          access_log off;
                          allow 127.0.0.1;
                          deny all;
                          }

Here's the error I've been getting. Again, this has been working for
months and only stopped when I added the static server section.

2009/12/20 11:36:01 [error] 18061#0: *3336839 access forbidden by rule,
client: 67.19.142.122, server: www.digitalhit.com, request: "GET
/stub_status HTTP/1.1", host: "www.digitalhit.com"

Any ideas why it's getting this error now?