Feature Request - File size limit for caching.

Kingsley Foreman kingsley at internode.com.au
Tue Dec 29 06:27:06 MSK 2009

Hi All,

My first feature request for a while (generally nginx has everything i
need).

We use nginx's proxy_pass for a couple of systems, we however want to add
some caching to this. So my request is to add a file size limit option to
what can be cached.

something like

proxy_cache_path path [levels=number] keys_zone=zone_name:zone_size
[inactive=time] [max_size=size] [max_filesize=size];

or

 proxy_cache_file_maxsize: 2m;

Which would limit the cache to only add files under 2 megabytes in size. It
will just proxy_pass everything else.

Kingsley Foreman
Systems Support

Internode Pty Ltd

PO Box 284, Rundle Mall 5000
Level 5 150 Grenfell Street, Adelaide 5000
Phone:  +61 8 8228 2978
Fax:    +61 8 8235 6978
Web:    http://www.internode.on.net
        http://games.on.net