bug in autoindex module

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Dec 31 19:03:40 MSK 2009

Hello!

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 09:51:31AM -0500, Ross wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:05:04AM +0300, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 01:16:42PM -0500, Ross wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >> No, it's unrelated problem.  I'm able to reproduce it here, I'll
> >> take a look.
> >
> > Patch.
>
> Thank you, the patch works great with 0.7.64!
>
> However, now I notice a different issue with the autoindex. At the
> same location (http://thegodlikehobo.org/tmp/) the date and size
> columns of the English and Russian filenames are aligned, but the
> Japanese ones seem to be random. I see the misalignment in Firefox,
> Chrome, and Opera.

nginx uses fixed-width font in autoindex, and this is
fullwidth/halfwidth problem I'm not really want to dig into.  And,
given the fact that different browsers misalign the above page
differently, it won't help anyway.

I believe instead autoindex should be reworked to be able to
produce XML and hence allow any layout via XSLT.  This will
resolve the above issue by providing means to use layouts with