accesslog into sql

Matt Lewandowsky matt at nepheliad.net
Wed Feb 4 22:11:21 MSK 2009

You're doing 20-30 thousand requests per second with a MySQL-backed access
log? ;)

While I think István exaggerated a slight bit, but I can't imagine that it
would be a highly-performant solution. While IIS supports logging to a SQL
server (the go-to web server if you're looking to compare server X against
something that has every "useless" feature... ;) ), even Microsoft says that
the sites that would probably find the capability most useful shouldn't use
it.

<From Microsoft KB article 245243>
Microsoft does not recommend IIS logging to a SQL Server table if the IIS
computer is a busy server. Sending logging data to a SQL Server database for
a busy Web site consumes system resources.

--Matt