SSL Questions

Kurt Hansen khansen at charityweb.net
Wed Feb 18 16:47:14 MSK 2009

Hello Alan,

Alan Williamson wrote:
> Good day one and all.   I would like to ask some specific SSL
> questions that I am sure will be easy enough.
>
> SSL has the requirement that only certificate can be loaded per IP
> address.
>
> With that in mind can nginx handle hosting multiple virtual host SSL
> sites all listening to on IP's?
>
> And can I accept a "https://myhost.com/" and then load balance (proxy)
> that internally to normal "http://" backends?
I've only been testing out nginx for about a week. This is my plan as
well. So far, I have this working with two IPs (one IP virtual host and
the main IP) on a couple of development systems.

Pretty easy once I read the documentation right.

I'm using an rpm for Fedora from the EPEL repository on CentOS 5. This
seems to have a few things compiled in -- like SSL support -- that the
nginx docs suggest are not the default compile, but which have made life
easier.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen