Need more details about max_fails and fail_timeout

Sun Yijiang sunyijiang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 06:14:09 MSK 2009

Thanks for your answer.

So to Nginx, an upstream server is either good (operative) or bad
(inoperative).  In good state, if it fails *max_fails* times within *
fail_timeout* period of time, Nginx switches its state to bad.  If not, it
stays good.  In bad state, Nginx will try the server every
*fail_timeout*time, if succeeds, its state is switched back to good,
otherwise it stays
bad.  Nginx only dispatches requests to good servers.  Any problem with this
summary?

Steve