nginx on Tru64/alpha

Dustin Marquess dmarquess at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 02:49:31 MSK 2009

Hello.

I recently installed nginx 0.7.37 on Tru64 5.1B-4 using Compaq C
V6.5-303 compiler.

Everything works great if I leave the default of worker_processes set
to 1.  However, if I increase it to 2 (since this machine has 2 CPUs),
I immediately start getting a flood of fcntl errors in the error.log.

Running truss on the process shows that both processes attempt to lock
the same nginx.lock.accept file, which is what causes the problem.

Is this a known problem, and is there a workaround?

Thanks!
-Dustin