Memory leak under heavy load inside OpenVZ container

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Wed Jan 7 00:27:52 MSK 2009

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:57:10 +0100
"Emmanuel Bastien" <altacsd at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Is anyone running Nginx happily inside an OpenVZ container ?

Yes, we're deploying it on commercial variant of OpenVZ, Virtuozzo. I was
asking to clarify nginx memory consumption back in Nov 2007 and Igor
explained that it can be a product of various *buffer settings that apply
per connection and number of connections. So if you're seeing a ddos, you
might want to implement rate limiting on port 80 with iptables first and
then maybe play with limiting nginx settings.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/