Custom headers with X-Accel-Redirect.

W. Andrew Loe III andrew at andrewloe.com
Fri Jan 9 23:45:37 MSK 2009

Does anyone have this patch working with 0.6.34?

I modified it a bit to get it to cleanly apply
(http://gist.github.com/45269), now nginx builds but all
X-Accel-Redirects cease to function. I thought it could be S3
rejecting my requests so I put my log into debug. But I never get a
response from nginx. I double checked by dumping my interface with
Wireshark, but the request is never sent to S3 and nginx never replies
to my client.

>From my nginx.conf (unchanged):

location /AWSS3/ {
  proxy_pass http://s3.amazonaws.com/;
  internal;
}

My backend application responds with (this is an open test file you
can feel free to hit):

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: close