More information out of error log?

Ilan Berkner iberkner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 02:05:36 MSK 2009

Hi All,

We are getting many of these errors:

2009/01/13 13:04:28 [error] 27100#0: *782718 open()
"/home/spellcit/public_html/letters/.mp3" failed (2: No such file or
directory), client: 204.38.160.220, server: www.spellingcity.com, request:
"GET /letters/.mp3 HTTP/1.1", host: "www.spellingcity.com"
Essentially one of 2 things is happening:

(1) One of our php or flash files is trying to access this invalid file
"/letters/.mp3" or
(2) A user is trying to access this directly (unlikely).

The problem is that the log entry does not on the surface reveal enough
information about where the request is coming from so we're having a tough
time identifying the source of the request.  Is there a way (is it possible)
to add more information to the log entry to better identify the source of
the request (swf, php, html, direct, etc.).

Thanks