Throttling uploads (incoming) traffic to nginx...

Jason Kim highclass99 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:07:35 MSK 2009

I think it's important, because on gigabat LAN, if you upload a large file
the server file system goes up way high and is impractical. File system
writes are much more severe on performance than writes.

Also for users on high speed internet we've seen uploads of up to 8
Megabytes/sec which causes massive file system load, and noticably slow down
the whole server.
Lastly it would be helpful to block massive DOS attacks that upload large
files and cause file system load which our organization has actual have
happen.

Thanks,
Have a nice day.