location "default" documentation

James Byers jbyers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:33:47 MSK 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:40:10PM -0800, James Byers wrote:
>
>       server {
>           listen       1.2.3.4:80;
>           server_name  one;
>       }
>
>       server {
>           listen       1.2.3.4:80 default;
>           server_name  two;
>       }

"server_name" suggests the first server block in configuration file
order will be used for non-matching hostnames.  In the above listing
(modified to include "default" in the second server), will a request
for hostname "three" / IP 1.2.3.4 be handled by the second server
block or the first?

>> And I'm left wondering how to set all sockets to deferred.
>
> You need to set
>
>     listen ADDRESS:PORT default deffered;
>
> once for each ADDRESS:PORT.

Thanks for the clarification.  Will update the wiki for both cases.

James