Best way to have new features included...

Andrew Deason adeason2 at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 16 05:18:16 MSK 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:05:17 -0800
mike <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Merlin <merlin-qsbm5OUjhNPQT0dZR
> +AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > I would suggest this list as the best place, hands down.  I
> > particularly don't like RentACoder and doubt you'll find anyone
> > there (or anywhere else) skilled with nginx that ISN'T here on this
> > list.
>
> I would agree, but so far nobody has seemed interested. I've hit up a
> lot of people about this, and I've only received two bids on
> rentacoder for it. Neither sound 100% sure they can do it (I'm looking
> at getting mod_auth_gss ported from apache to nginx so it can do
> Kerberos/SPNEGO auth)

I'm just wondering (I don't have time to try doing this), but are you
sure this is even possible with a regular nginx module? I'm not sure
there exists a GSS asynchronous API. GSS calls can block on network
communication (to e.g. contact the KDC) afaik, which would totally kill
nginx processing.

If that is indeed the case, you may be better off first getting FastCGI
authorizer support or something.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason2 at uiuc.edu