ecmascript module

Chris Farmiloe chris at oxdi.eu
Mon Jan 19 17:00:26 MSK 2009

Hi,

I've started to build an nginx module to process server-side
ecmascript (javascript) by embedding the spidermonkey engine. I've got
a (very) rough proof of concept hacked together just now, but after
about 30-50 requests the I can't allocate enough memory to build the
spidermonkey runtime.

I'm new to C and just skim-read the white book to get this far so I
expect I am just making naive C mistakes.

What I couldn't understand is that the same jsapi code outside of the
nginx module never seemed to have the allocation issues.
And if it was a memory allocation issue... wouldn't my worker
processes rise above 2MB?

Sorry for the vague message, but if someone could give me a nudge in
the right direction of what might be happening so I can get back to
learning it would be much appreciated!

here's my example so far:

http://github.com/chrisfarms/nginx_ecmascript_module/blob/0d970a33771c4cdbec2293c5c5db9f34191e7ffa/ngx_http_ecmascript_module.c