performance problem with Tomcat

Robert Gabriel lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Jan 19 18:15:45 MSK 2009

Chang Song wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I have been testing nginx with Tomcat backend server, and I was
> disappointed
> with the result. 30-40% worse than apache front web server setup.
> I think the culprit of the performance problem is the absence of
> persistent
> connection (KeepAlive HTTP/1.1) to Tomcat like Apache's AJP connection.
>
> Does anyone has the same problem?
> Anyone with a good solution?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Chang

Hey, Im using tomcat, its running on localhost port 8180, without AJP
and works quite fine. I dont see any actual issue with it.

Maybe try to eliminate AJP connector, just use it the clasic way and it
might work better, try also this kernel settings:

net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps=0
net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle = 1