How to put rewrite rules for multiple plone instances

Vishnu Kumar D R vishnu.kumar at mahiti.org
Thu Jan 22 07:51:06 MSK 2009

Igor,

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:02:42PM +0530, Vishnu Kumar D R wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much Igor,
> > I have gained some expertise in Nginx :)
> >
> > Also, How do we make rewrite invisible to viewers, cause the rewrite is
> > visible for every link in the site klk.example.com.
>
> These rewrite's are internal and invisible for client.
> However, it's better to use just:
>
>          location = / {
>              proxy_pass http://localhost:6081/Kolkata;
>               include /usr/local/nginx/includes/proxy.conf;
>          }
>

> --
> Igor Sysoev
> http://sysoev.ru/en/

I am getting a error when i edited as you had said above

2009/01/21 20:38:07 [emerg] 15886#0: "proxy_pass" may not have URI part in
location given by regular expression, or inside named location, or inside
the "if" statement, or inside the "limit_except" block in
/usr/local/nginx/vhosts/server03.conf:9

The server03.conf exists like this

        7         location = / {
      8                 if ($host ~* klk\.explocity\.com$) {
      9                         proxy_pass http://localhost:6081/Kolkata;
     10                         include
/usr/local/nginx/includes/proxy.conf;
     11                 }

Please advice
Also, i have hosted this klk.explocity.com using the rewrite(.*)
If you have a look at the site, it shows the /Kolkata in all.
Technically speaking, its not an ideal rewrite, right?

Vishnu