Using nginx as a frontend for apache2 serving wordpress w/ super-cache

Dieter Zinke dieterzinke at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 12:45:48 MSK 2009

I am trying to setup nginx as a frontend for apache2 to serve Wordpress with super-cache. I don' t want to use this for a production server, only to speed up my old Athlon 1100 workstation, which moves sometimes into swapping while using the wordpress admin panel. This is my workarround:

http://home.arcor.de/nhz6/nginx/default
http://home.arcor.de/nhz6/nginx/nginx.conf

Trying to access http://example.com redirects me to http://example.com:8080, but the serving of static files by nginx doesn' t work and i get 301 errors. Trying to access http://example.com/wp-content/themes/yaml-karo/images/about-me.jpg redirects me to http://example.com:8080/. Maybe i am missing something or a typo, don' t know.

http://home.arcor.de/nhz6/nginx/error.log
http://home.arcor.de/nhz6/nginx/access.log (empty)
http://home.arcor.de/nhz6/nginx/example.com.error.log
http://home.arcor.de/nhz6/nginx/example.com.access.log

It is also bad that only very few nginx --> apache2 howtos exists and those i' ve found use very very different ways and all are missing the apache2 part. Seems to be very simple. I am for example unsure with these settings

<IfModule prefork.c>
    StartServers 5
    MinSpareServers 2
    MaxSpareServers 5
    MaxClients 50
    MaxRequestsPerChild 0
</IfModule>

I ve also set KeepAlive to Off. Maybe i can modify other options, but i don' t know. Appreciate any help. Thanks.