Verisign Intermediate CA issues

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Jan 24 18:04:42 MSK 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 01:36:33PM -0800, Gabriel Ramuglia wrote:

> Here's what I have:
>
>                     ssl                 on;
>                     ssl_certificate
> /home/video/certs/video.freeproxies.org.crt;
>                     ssl_certificate_key
> /home/video/certs/video.freeproxies.org.key;
>
>                     ssl_session_timeout  5m;
>
>                     ssl_protocols  SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1;
>                     ssl_ciphers
> ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP;
>                     ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;
>
> I haven't noticed any particular issues, but haven't tested in safari.
> Would be interested to know if you get the same issue with mine (seems
> my config is slightly different).
>
> https://video.freeproxies.org/flvplayer.php is a good test url.

The site sends video.freeproxies.org certificate only without GoDaddy
intermidiate certificates. Firefox 3.1 on MacOSX run with fresh profile
does not accept the site. Firefox with daily used profile usually accepts
the site as the GoDaddy intermidiate certificate may be already in
Firefox profile.

You need to go on
https://certs.godaddy.com/Repository.go

and download GoDaddy intermidiate certificate chain:
https://certs.godaddy.com/repository/gd_bundle.crt

Then you need to

cat video.freeproxies.org.crt gd_bundle.crt > video.freeproxies.org.bundle.crt

and use the new bundle

       ssl_certificate  /home/video/certs/video.freeproxies.org.bundle.crt;

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/