md5 as memcached_key

Dave Cheney dave at cheney.net
Tue Jan 27 00:35:10 MSK 2009

md5 is not guaranteed to be unique, that is to say, two seperate
inputs can generate the same hash, so you would need to use extra
logic in your application if you wanted to guard against this remote
possibility. I'm guessing the problem you are trying to solve is the
memcache key has a limitation that is shorter than the possible
request_uri ?

Cheers

Dave