Something Strange Re-Iterate

Shamunda shamunda at playlan.com
Wed Jan 28 17:35:51 MSK 2009

Hello

Seeing as I didn't get a response from my last question.  Let me a different approach.

I followed an example config from this site:  http://topfunky.net/svn/shovel/nginx/conf/nginx.conf

Everything for the most part was clear except the part of the example that states this:

  # Copy this section on down and put into a separate file
  # if you want to organize your virtual hosts in files.
  #
  # Then include here with
  #
  #   include /usr/local/nginx/conf/vhosts/my_subdomain.conf
  #
  # the server directive is nginx's virtual host directive.

This part of the instruction wasn't really clear as to where to put the 'include' statement.  It says to copy everything, then include here?!?!  I have no idea what that means.

So inevitably I ended making my main nginx.conf look like this

http {
.
.
.
   # Rename to mongrel_site1, mongrel_site2, etc if using
   # virtual hosts.
   upstream mongrel {
     server 127.0.0.1:5000;
     # server 127.0.0.1:5001;
     # server 127.0.0.1:5002;
   }

   /usr/local/nginx/conf/vhosts/my_subdomain.conf
.
.
.
}

Then I created a file called 'my_subdomain.cong' (in the path of course), as a test just to see if it works with part of the example that say "copy from here down".

So my first question is;  Is the above correct, or, am i supposed to put the 'include' within the upstream method?

Example:

upstream mongrel {
     server 127.0.0.1:5000;
     # server 127.0.0.1:5001;
     # server 127.0.0.1:5002;
     /usr/local/nginx/conf/vhosts/my_subdomain.conf
   }

- Shamunda

***** Email confidentiality notice *****

28/1/2009

This message is private and confidential.  If you have recieved this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.