Needing some serious help :P

Shamunda shamunda at playlan.com
Fri Jan 30 19:20:54 MSK 2009

Hi All

Ok here's my delima.  I have nginx acting as my reverse proxy, and a backend IIS server assigned with multiple addresses.

nginx server address:

10.100.50.7

IIS server Addresses:

10.100.50.1
10.100.50.2
10.100.50.3

so everything coming in to 10.100.50.7 works fine and goes to the proper app server...However I also need the app server to make outbound connections as 10.100.50.7.

so here's the map.

user request page >  nginx forwards to server > iis processes request .... this works perfectly.

However my application also needs to look up information from the users site without the user requesting it (security stuff)...

so i need something like

IIS app goes out to make request from 10.100.50.3  >  nginx needs to grab that identity and assign it the address of 10.100.50.7 >  user site accept request because 10.100.50.7 is a trusted IP.

How can this be accomplished?  Right now all my request are being rejected but it's passing the information through the default gateway not through nginx.

All help appreciated..

-Shamunda

***** Email confidentiality notice *****

30/1/2009

This message is private and confidential.  If you have recieved this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.