Help with autoindex on; missing slash for directories

Yazz Atlas yazz.atlas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:01:40 MSD 2009

On 7/1/09 3:53 PM, Maxim Dounin wrote:

> I mean *appeared* in 0.7.40, i.e. problem exists in 0.7.40 but not
> in 0.7.39.  But after some thinking it's most likely 0.7.15 when
> dirent.d_type checking was initially introduced (i.e. problem exists in
> 0.7.15 but not in 0.7.14).

Ah, gotcha. I miss understood.

> [...]
>
>> checking for struct dirent.d_namlen ... not found
>> checking for struct dirent.d_type ... found
>
> [...]
>
> You system has dirent.d_type, but it looks like it's something
> wrong with it.  I've tried to reproduce problem on vmware image of
> CentOS 5.3 i386 - but failed, everythings works ok.  I've even
> tried initial release version and fully updated one (with
> 2.6.18-128.1.16.el5 kernel), no problems found.
>
> It's either x64 only issue, or something wrong with headers on
> your server(s).  Unfortenately I have no x64 version on hand to
> test it there, but people report that everything is ok at least on
> other x64 distributions.

I tested under VMware Server Version 2.0.1 and selecting Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (64bit) as the Guest Operating System.  Then I loaded
CentOS release 5.3 (Final) x86_64 with Kernel 2.6.18-128.1.14.el5.

The problem still exists.

> Could you please check your headers, most notably
> /usr/include/dirent.h and /usr/include/bits/dirent.h?

I attached them in the file called include-dirent-x86_64.tar.gz.

  include/dirent.h
  include/bits/dirent.h

Yazz Atlas