Help: cache or not by cookie

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Jul 9 18:26:36 MSD 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 06:05:26AM -0400, nfn wrote:

> Thanks Igor, but how do I validate if the user is guest. I only want to show the cached version to guests.

You need to use
   proxy_cache_key    "http://cacheserver$request_uri $cookie_user";
   proxy_cache_valid  6m;

Then in your backend you should test the "user" cookie. If it is not equal
to "guest", then you should add the "X-Accel-Redirect: 0" header in a
response. In this case nginx will not cache the response. Otherwise,
if cookie is equal to "guest" you do not need to set the header or may set

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/