Howto update to the latest version?

merlin corey merlincorey at dc949.org
Mon Jul 13 05:51:42 MSD 2009

You can get the current configure string with nginx -V at the
commandline.  This makes replacing nginx binaries a breeze.

For your debian related questions, you should really be looking for
debian related resources.  It sounds like perhaps you are on etch with
nginx 0.5.x (though you did not say) and if that is the case, I agree
with the above poster - *if it ain't broke DON'T fix it* .  The
"debian way" is for stable branches to keep the packages they were
given - this keeps them stable!  If you need a newer version of
software on debian (the debian way), you either need to get a
"backport", make your own package, or update to a newer release off
the operating system.

-- Merlin