php sites crash in windows

mhi nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 14 20:27:57 MSD 2009

few clicks and php sites crash. ab benchmarks get this response every time.

Benchmarking 192.168.1.103 (be patient)
apr_poll: The timeout specified has expired (70007)
Total of 10 requests completed

200 requests or more goes to nginx-php failure.

Am I do something wrong or this is a bug?

I tested nginx 0.761 and 0.84 with php 5.3 and 5.2.10 on win XP and 2003

php error:
Warning: strftime() : It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Helsinki' for '3.0/DST' instead in C:\mynginxp\html\pmwiki\pmwiki.php on line 322

First time after restart server it seems ok.

nginx.conf

#user  nobody;
worker_processes  2;

error_log  logs/error.log;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
}

http {
    server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
   # include       fastcgi_params;

    autoindex on;
    autoindex_exact_size on;
    autoindex_localtime off;

    sendfile        on;
    #tcp_nopush     on;

    keepalive_timeout  0;

    ignore_invalid_headers  on;

    server {
        listen       8080; # Replace this IP and port with the right ones for your requirements
        server_name  localhost; # Multiple hostnames seperated by spaces.  Replace these as well.

        location / {
            root   html;
            index  index.php index.html index.htm;
        }

        #error_page  404              /404.html;

        # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
        #
        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
            root   html;
        }

        # proxy the PHP scripts to Apache listening on 127.0.0.1:80
        #
        #location ~ \.php$ {
        #    proxy_pass   http://127.0.0.1;
        #}

        # pass the PHP scripts to FastCGI server listening on 127.0.0.1:9000
        #
        location ~ \.php$ {
           root           html;
            fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
            fastcgi_index  index.php;
            fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
            include        fastcgi_params;
            allow 127.0.0.1;

    # another virtual host using mix of IP-, name-, and port-based configuration
    #
    server {
        listen       8080;
    #    listen       somename:8080;
        server_name  pmwiki  alias  localhost.alias;
    #    access_log      logs/pmwiki.access.log main;

       location / {
            root   html;
            index  index.php index.html index.htm;
        }

          location ~ \.php$ {
              root   html/pmwiki;

              fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
              fastcgi_index  index.php;
              fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
              include        fastcgi_params;
              allow 192.168.1.0/24;

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,4046,4046#msg-4046